Business Writing for Managers and Executives (Essential) Write it Clear, Concise and Correct
- Target group: Managers, Executives, Professionals, Administrative Associates
- Duration: 2 days (9am-5pm)
- Course Dates: 10 - 11 January 2017
- Venue: The Gateway (Beach Road), Singapore
Why Attend This Course
As an executive, you need to master the art of effective business writing. Effective business writing is the ability to write in a clear, concise and correct manner when communicating your ideas and thoughts to your readers.
In this highly interactive and useful workshop, you will learn strategies and techniques to write more clearly and succinctly. You will improve in your usage of the right words and tone to communicate with different readers. In addition, you will gain critical skills in organisational email etiquette to leverage on email and its tools more effectively to communicate with your customers, stakeholders and senior management. Importantly, this workshop will address the key and practical aspects of business grammar so that you can increase the professionalism of your business communication.
In conclusion, you will gain critical skills and knowledge that will positively transform the way you write and communicate at work.
- New and Experienced Executives, Professionals, Administrative Executives who want to improve their ability to write more effectively at work
- This course is also suitable for Managers and Senior Managers who want to improve the overall effectiveness of their business writing and email skills
Writing Clearly and Effectively
- Develop a Reader-Centric Approach to Writing
- Master Clear Writing Techniques and Skills
- Communicate Your Ideas Effectively to Get the Results You Want
- Organising Contents for Maximum Impact
Writing with Appropriate Words and Tone
- Levels of Formality in an Email
- Writing with an Appropriate Tone
- Use Positive Words and Language
Make it Concise; Make it Right
- Techniques to Reduce Wordiness and Remove Redundancy
- Achieve Clear and Concise Writing in Emails, Reports and Minutes
- Master Essentials in Executive Business Grammar
- Appropriate Use of Punctuation for Business Usage
Organisational Email Etiquette
- Use Email Tools for Communication Success
- The Top 20 Email Etiquette Dos and Don’ts
- Email Etiquette for Complicated Communication Scenarios
What Makes this Course Special
- Specially designed for Executives and Managers with examples, case studies that relate to the scenarios and business challenges that they face. The course focuses on application and hands-on practice.
- Integrates business grammar in very practical and interactive way for executives and managers to learn and apply.
- The Trainer/Course Facilitator is highly experienced with more than 10 years of experience in conducting business writing courses for executives and managers.
- Small group setting that allows for deeper learning and more interactive learning.
It is extremely useful that each participant gets to work on their particular emails/documents and improve on them instead of general handout. So it really helps each of us to spot what went wrong with our own writings. Customised learning: I really appreciate that trainer offered to look at each participant own documents. A more easier way is to just work on a generic writing but trainer goes beyond that. Thank you.
It is relevant to daily works. I can apply the techniques learnt into everyday’s email, minutes and report writing. Learnt new tools on grammar software.